Motivational Interviewing: A Tool to Help Your Patients Find Their Why
Thursday, September 28
11:00 am – 4:30 pm
Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium
2785 Ramada Way, Green Bay, WI 543004
This workshop will explore this evidence-based approach to supporting people with diabetes in making healthy lifestyle changes. We will learn and apply skills in role play situations and discuss case studies. This session is appropriate for all skill levels. Join us as we learn together how to better connect with our patients and harness their intrinsic motivation for change.
After attending this workshop, participants will be better able to:
- Identify the key domains of the spirit of Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Utilize the core skill of reflective listening to demonstrate empathy with patients with diabetes
- Employ the strategic objective of evoking change talk when supporting patients with diabetes
- Develop a plan for further development toward proficiency
Presenter: Mia Croyle, MA
Quality Improvement Advisor and Behavioral Health Project Specialist, Superior Health Quality Alliance / MetaStar, Inc.
Trained as a clinical mental health counselor, Mia has worked in a variety of behavioral health and primary care settings. She has spent over a decade focused on the integration of behavioral health into primary care settings. Mia is a sought-after trainer in Motivational Interviewing and a member of the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT).
Questions about the preconference? Email Mia at email@example.com
Handouts: Printed handouts were provided at the workshop.
The PowerPoint presentation handout is linked HERE
Preconference REGISTRATION – closed on September 17
- Box Lunch included with registration
- Registration Fee must be paid with credit card through PayPal at the time of registration. You do not need a PayPal account in order to make this payment. If you experience problems while making your credit card payment, please contact Megan Leadholm at the WNA office: 608-221-0383 ext. 203
- Preconference registrants can claim a $25 discount on the registration fee for BOTH DAYS of the main conference!
- Space is LIMITED to 40 participants.
- If there are less than 10 registrants, the preconference will be cancelled. Registrants will be notified at least 1 week prior to the event.
- Registration Deadline: September 17, 2023
Support for this workshop provided by
The evaluation form closed on October 15, 2023. There is a $25 charge to have WNA re-open the evaluation form and issue a CE Certificate – this option will only be available for 6 months following the conference. CLICK HERE to request a date to have an evaluation re-opened and pay with a credit card.
CE Credit and Disclosures:
- 5.0 contact hours/CPEUs are available to those who attend the entire preconference workshop and complete the online evaluation by October 15, 2023. The web address of the evaluation can be found in the printed workshop program distributed on-site.
- There are no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies for those involved with the ability to control the content of this activity except for planner Amanda Stinson, who is a consultant trainer for the Insulet Corporation. The relevant financial relationship listed for this individual has been mitigated.
- This educational activity is jointly provided by WNA and WAND.
Wisconsin Nurses Association is approved with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
The Wisconsin Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (WAND) is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). Provider #1452. CDR Credentialed Practitioners will receive up to 5.0 Continuing Professional Education units (CPEUs) for completion of this activity.
Motivational Interviewing: A Tool to Help Your Patients Find Their Why Thursday, September 28 11:00 am – 4:30 pm Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium 2785 Ramada Way, Green Bay, WI 543004 This workshop will explore this evidence-based approach to supporting people with diabetes in making healthy lifestyle changes. We will learn and […]firstname.lastname@example.org