Announcing a FREE webinar for all nurses!
Precision Health & Genomics: Implications for Nursing Practice
Wednesday, September 15
The rapidly emerging field of precision health and genomics is requiring new sets of nursing knowledge and skills. The need for professional nurses to be engaged in patient education, nursing education, practice, and research are examples of the needed immediate roles.
This webinar will provide:
- Description of precision health and genomics.
- Nursing perspective on precision health and genomics and nursing’s role.
- Example of the development of a precision health and genomics-related screening tool.
- Health policy related legislation.
Anne L. Ersig, PhD, RN
Dr. Anne Ersig is an assistant professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Nursing with a passion for incorporating genetics and genomics in nursing research, education, and practice.
Julia Feygin, PhD
Dr. Julia Feygin is a Senior Medical Science Liaison at GRAIL, Inc. Julia holds Bachelor’s and Ph.D. degrees in Biomedical Engineering and has served in a variety of roles spanning across all stages of medical technology development as well as healthcare operations.
Matt Sturm serves as Senior Director in GRAIL’s DC-based government affairs and alliance development function. He has more than 15 years of health policy experience representing providers and biotech companies.
Gina Dennik-Champion, MSN, RN, MSHA
Gina Dennik-Champion is the Executive Director of the Wisconsin Nurses Association. Her role includes identification and promotion of health policy issues that support the nursing profession and patients we care for.
REGISTER NOW – it’s FREE, but you must register to receive the link to join the webinar on Zoom!
Registration will remain open until the webinar begins. Instructions and a link to join the webinar will be sent in a confirmation email immediately following your registration.
Any handouts or resources will be posted on a password-protected webpage for participants to access/print closer to the webinar. See your registration confirmation email for the password, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check back.
- CE Credit – 1.0 contact hour will be awarded to participants who attend the entire live webinar and complete the ONLINE EVALUATION by Wednesday, September 22, 2021.
- None of the planners or presenters for this educational activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies except for speakers Julia Feygin and Matthew Sturm, who are employees of GRAIL, Inc. and hold stock in the parent company, Illumina, Inc.
All of the relevant financial relationships listed for these individuals have been mitigated. Contact hours will not be offered for the portion of the webinar presented by Matthew Sturm or by Dr. Feygin as she will discuss Galleri™, a multi-cancer early detection test developed by GRAIL, Inc.
- GRAIL, Inc. provided funding to support this educational activity – thank you!
- WNA is the Provider of this educational activity.
Wisconsin Nurses Association is approved with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Announcing a FREE webinar for all nurses! Precision Health & Genomics: Implications for Nursing Practice Wednesday, September 15 7:00-8:30 pm The rapidly emerging field of precision health and genomics is requiring new sets of nursing knowledge and skills. The need for professional nurses to be engaged in patient education, nursing education, practice, and research are […]email@example.com