The purpose of the Wisconsin APRN Lobby Day is to support and prepare APRNs and APRN students for meetings with their Assembly and State legislator. Meetings will take place in legislator offices at the State Capitol. There are three goals for meeting with legislators:
- Educate and inform legislators on the personal role and value as an APRN.
- Describe the intent and the key areas of the APRN Modernization Act and the benefits of supporting increased patient access and safety.
- Find out if the legislator will support the legislation.
WNA staff will arrange for and notify registrants of the appointment time(s) with their legislator(s) closer to the meeting date.
Morning Meeting: 7:45-10:00 am (continental breakfast buffet opens at 7:00 am)
Best Western Premier Park Hotel - Capitol Room
- Breakfast buffet and time to network with other APRNs
- Review of the current APRN Modernization Act bill draft
- Review of the legislation talking points and information about APRNs
- Meet the bill sponsors and their perspectives on the bill (Sen. Patrick Testin and Representative Gae Magnafici)
- Review of materials and questions
Meetings with Legislators: 10:30 am - 2:30 pm (ending times will vary depending on time of legislator visits)
State Capitol Building
- Lunch is on your own.
- The State Capitol - Hearing Room is reserved so registrants can prepare/store belongings before legislator meetings
- Individuals or groups will meet with legislators as scheduled
- Return to the State Capitol - Hearing Room after legislator meetings to:
- Debrief/summarize the outcome of meetings with WNA/NP Forum representatives
- Turn in a completed paper 'Report' of your meetings
- Receive materials to write thank-you notes to legislators prior to leaving.
Regular Rate = $55
WNA Member discounted rate = $45 - must enter WNA/ANA # on registration form
Full-time APRN Student rate = $35 - must upload copy of Student ID to registration form
Breakfast buffet is included. Lunch is on your own.
Payment is by credit card only and is due when submitting registration. Payments will be processed through PayPal, but no PayPal account is needed to make the payment.
If you experience problems while making your credit card payment, please contact Megan Leadholm at the WNA office: 608-221-0383 ext. 203
REGISTER TODAY - Deadline to register is Thursday, February 16
2.5 contact hours of nursing continuing professional development credit are available to participants who attend the entire morning session, meet with a legislator/staffer, and submit a completed evaluation/report prior to leaving the Capitol.
- There are no conflicts of interest for anyone with control over the content of this educational activity.
- Wisconsin Nurses Association is approved with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Any handouts or resources will be posted for participants to access/print closer to the conference.
WNA requires ALL attendees to be up to date on COVID-19 vaccination and to monitor for symptoms of COVID infection before attending conference. Due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, we strongly recommend masks be worn when indoors at the conference, and if transmission levels are high in Dane County at the time of the conference, we may require them to be worn indoors for all attendees.
Best Western Park Hotel - Directions and Parking
Best Western Park Hotel offers valet (only) parking in their onsite covered garage for $4.00/hour or $25.00 per vehicle per day
OTHER PARKING: Short-term and all-day public parking is provided throughout downtown Madison in various structures and lots. On-street parking is also available for short-term parking in central Madison. See real-time city lot parking availability complete with turn-by-turn instruction.
The purpose of the Wisconsin APRN Lobby Day is to support and prepare APRNs and APRN students for meetings with their Assembly and State legislator. Meetings will take place in legislator offices at the State Capitol. There are three goals for meeting with legislators: Educate and inform legislators on the personal role and value as an […]Best Western Park Hotel email@example.com