Congratulations to the Spring 2021 Future Nursing Leader Award Winners!
Twice a year, the WNA Awards Committee selects five graduates of schools and colleges of nursing in Wisconsin to receive the WNA Future Nursing Leader Award. The award is presented each Spring and Fall semesters at the school of nursing pinning ceremonies. Winners receive a complimentary year of membership in the Wisconsin Nurses Association, along with an appointment to a WNA council or committee of his or her choosing. He or she will also receive a certificate and lapel pin presented at their pinning ceremony.
Nominees are awarded based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrate Leadership
- Prepare, motivate, and impact other students as leaders
- Participate in community activities and giving back to others
- Mentor fellow students
- Promote activity in nursing organizations, such as the National Student Nurses’ Association
- Make a significant contribution to the overall excellence of their school
- Set a healthy example and promote a healthy lifestyle
- Demonstrate a clear sense of direction for their future nursing careers
Congratulations, Awardees! We look forward to having you as members and working with you on the council of your choice!
This semester’s winners are:
Niyokwizera Anna, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee College of Nursing
Katie Kalvelage, University of Wisconsin – Madison
Arianna LaCoursiere, Edgewood College
Steve Samuel, Marquette University
Brady Tanck, Bellin College
Thank you to those faculty members who submitted nominations for the Spring 2021 awards. If you would like to nominate a student for the Fall 2021 awards, please contact WNA Events and Membership Coordinator, Bri Dunbar, at email@example.com.