WINPAC is the political action arm of the Wisconsin Nurses Association whose primary purpose is to develop political power through increased awareness and political involvement. WINPAC is governed by the WINPAC Board of Trustees who are WNA members committed to increasing nursing’s visibility and influence through the elective process.
WINPAC’s Goals are to:
- educate nurses about the elective process,
- review the records of officeholders and candidates to determine past support of political issues related to nurses, nursing, and health;
- stimulate nurses to become active in governmental affairs;
- assist nurses in organizing for effective political action; and
- promote and financially contribute to candidates for state public office who have demonstrated responsible awareness of nurses’ needs and the health needs of people.
As a state-wide association we frequently receive questions on why we endorse the legislators that we do. One role of the Wisconsin Nurses Association is to advocate for ALL nurses and to educate our state legislators on the myriad topics that affect Wisconsin Nurses. Our Political Action Committee (WINPAC), is the political action arm of WNA.WINPAC spends a great deal of thought into the legislators that they endorse, which includes identifying candidates for elected office at the state level who will work with Wisconsin Nurses Association to promote and protect nurses in our state.
WINPAC does not endorse federal candidates. Federal endorsements are conducted through the American Nurses Association’s Political Action Committee.
Monetary contributions to WINPAC are appreciated and accepted at any time and can be achieved by completing this on-line form .
We have developed categories with unique offerings for each level. Click here to learn more about each level
This year we have an opportunity to support and elect four nurses that are running for the State Assembly. Learn more about these women by clicking here.