WINPAC is the political action arm of the Wisconsin Nurses Association whose primary purpose is to develop political power through increased awareness and political involvement. The WINPAC Board of Trustees are WNA members committed to increasing nursing’s visibility and influence through the elective process.
WINPAC Goals that support Wisconsin nurses:
- educate nurses about the elective process,
- review records of incumbent legislative candidates to determine past support of political issues related to nurses, nursing, and health care,
- review or seek information of non-incumbent legislative candidates to identify support of nurses, nursing and health care,
- motivate nurses to become involved in election campaigns and governmental activities,
- engage nurses in effective political action, and
- endorse and financially contribute to state legislative candidates that demonstrate responsible awareness of nurses’ needs and the health care needs of people.
As a state-wide association WNA receives questions on WINPAC endorsement decisions. WNA advocates for ALL nurses and to educate our state legislators on the myriad topics that affect Wisconsin Nurses.
As WNAs political action arm, the WINPAC Board of Trustees devotes a great deal of time, effort and thought into the legislator endorsement process. WINPAC assists WNA in developing positive relationships with candidates who indicate an interest in supporting the practice, education, and promotion of professional nursing.
WINPAC needs your contributions in order to support legislative candidates that will support nursing’s interest. You can contribute today by completing this on-line form . We thank you in advance for your support
2022 WINPAC Board of Trustees
Tracy Zvenyach, RN, PhD, MS – Oregon
Pat Keller, RN, MSN, NEA-BC – Birchwood
Kristin Merss, RN, BSN – Madison
Lea Acord, RN, PhD – Racine
Tina Bettin, RN, DNP, MSN, FNP-BC – Marion
Pat Borgman, RN, BSN, MSN, CNS – Oconomowoc
Ronda Thompson, RN, DNP, APCNP-BC, GPCNP-BC – Frederic
Gail Hanson Brenner, RN, MSN, CNE – Eau Claire
Note: WINPAC does not endorse federal candidates. Federal endorsements are conducted through the American Nurses Association’s Political Action Committee https://ana.aristotle.com/SitePages/pac.aspx