WINPAC is the political action arm of the Wisconsin Nurses Association whose primary purpose is to develop political power through increased awareness and political involvement. WINPAC is governed by the WINPAC Board of Trustees who are WNA members committed to increasing nursing’s visibility and influence through the elective process.
WINPAC’s Goals are to:
- educate nurses about the elective process,
- review the records of officeholders and candidates to determine past support of political issues related to nurses, nursing, and health;
- stimulate nurses to become active in governmental affairs;
- assist nurses in organizing for effective political action; and
- promote and financially contribute to candidates for state public office who have demonstrated responsible awareness of nurses’ needs and the health needs of people.
WINPAC does not endorse federal candidates. Federal endorsements are conducted through the American Nurses Association’s Political Action Committee.
Monetary contributions to WINPAC are appreciated and accepted at any time and can be achieved by completing this on-line form
This year we have an opportunity to support and elect four nurses that are running for the State Assembly. Learn more about these women by clicking here.