Announcing a FREE webinar for all nurses!
Caring During COVID – Focus on Resilience
Wednesday, March 31st
ONLINE EVALUATION must be completed by XXXXX to earn 1.25 contact hours
Providing healthcare in the middle of a pandemic has taken a heavy toll on nurses in all practice settings. How can we support nurses in their important work?
The WNA COVID-19 Wisconsin Nursing Organizational Affiliates* are pleased to present 3 frontline nurse leaders offering resources to address the challenges of:
- Having effective, empathetic, and honest conversations with LTC residents and their families in the face of separation and grieving; setting the stage for a positive interaction and maintaining a positive mindset after challenging interactions
- Embracing the challenges for our patients’ best experience by addressing language barriers, intergenerational viewpoints, and the role of faith in meeting COVID
- Caring for colleagues and building a sense of ‘team’, the role of organizational support for nurses
- Caring for yourself by employing simple daily practices to be more mindful and open to all of the possibilities of the day, strategies for personal renewal and revitalization on the job and at home.
Lori Koeppel, RN, BSN, NHA, DNS-CT, WCC – Executive Director Intern, Wisconsin Director of Nursing Council-Education Forum Inc.
Lori has over 25 years of experience in the post-acute care setting including skilled nursing and assisted living operations. Lori is the current Executive Director Intern for the Wisconsin Director of Nursing Council-Education Forum Inc., a consultant content researcher for the Clinical Resource Center and owns her own post-acute care consulting firm, Koeppel Healthcare Solutions, LLC.
Erika Colón, BSN, RN, NCBHP – President, National Association of Hispanic Nurses Greater Milwaukee Chapter
Passionate about nursing and leadership development among Hispanic nurses, Erika launched the Greater Milwaukee Chapter of NAHN in January 2018. Her clinical background includes medicine and surgery, cardiovascular ICU, surgical ICU, abdominal transplant ICU and over 16 years in neurosurgical ICU. She currently works in nursing relations for Human Resources Department.
Cynthia Ingram, BS, RN, HN-BC, COHN-S – RN Behavior Health, Sexual Health Nurse, Animal Therapy Coordinator
Board Certified Holistic Nurse that is compassionate and innovative. I have over 37 years of Nursing experience ranging from bedside to management. Dedicated to teaching & mentoring our next generation of nurses.
RESOURCES from the presenters:
PDF listing of all RESOURCES below
- American Hospital Association: Caring for Our Health Care Heroes During COVID-19
- Vital Talk: https://www.vitaltalk.org/
Difficult conversations specific to COVID: #2: A goals of care talk with a family surrogate (this video will be shown during the webinar)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Corona Virus 2019 – Coping with Stress
- US Department of Health and Human Services. Healthcare Emergency Preparedness Gateway. COVID-19 Workforce Resilience/Sustainability Resources
- Everyone Matters inspirational video – GRATITUDE by Louie Schwartzberg
- Morning I AM Affirmations – variety of videos to choose from
- 6 Part Daily 15 Minute Meditation – 1 Hand
- The Power of the Heart for Healing/Tips from Tori bookmark
1.25 contact hours will be awarded to participants in the live OR recorded webinar who complete the ONLINE EVALUATION by Wednesday, December 2, 2020.
There is no Conflict of Interest for any planner or presenter of this activity.
WNA is the provider of this educational activity.
*This webinar is presented by the WNA COVID-19 Wisconsin Nursing Organizational Affiliates, whose mission is to develop resources that will enhance the personal safety, health, and mental ability to create resiliency in the lives of Registered Nurses that are practicing during the Pandemic as well as decrease the potential effects of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Members include:
– American Holistic Nurses Association – Southeastern WI/ Northeastern IL Area Chapter (AHNA)
– Administrators of Nursing Education in Wisconsin (ANEW)
– Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN)
– National Association of Hispanic Nurses – Greater Milwaukee Chapter (NAHN-GMC)
– Wisconsin Association of School Nurses (WASN)
– Wisconsin Center for Nursing (WCN)
– Wisconsin Directors of Nursing Council (WDONC)
– WI Chapter-International Association of Forensic Nurses (WI-IAFN)
– Wisconsin Society of Perianesthesia Nurses (WiSPAN)
– Wisconsin Nurses Association (WNA)
– Wisconsin Occupational Health (WOH)
– Wisconsin Organization of Nurse Leaders (WONL)
Wisconsin Nurses Association is approved with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Announcing a FREE webinar for all nurses! Caring During COVID – Focus on Resilience Wednesday, March 31st 7:00-8:15 pm ONLINE EVALUATION must be completed by XXXXX to earn 1.25 contact hours Providing healthcare in the middle of a pandemic has taken a heavy toll on nurses in all practice settings. How can we support nurses in […]email@example.com