Thursday, January 17, 2019
7:30 am – 2:30 pm*
*Ending times will vary depending on time of legislator visit*
9 East Wilson Street
Madison, WI 53703
Registration Deadline: Registration is now closed.
The purpose of the Wisconsin APRN Coalition Lobby Day is to support and prepare APRNs and/or APRN students for meetings with their Assembly and State legislator. Meetings will take place in legislator offices at the State Capitol. There are three goals for meeting with legislators:
- Educate and inform legislators on the personal role and value as an APRN.
- Describe the intent and the key areas of the APRN Modernization Act and the benefits of supporting increased patient access and safety.
- Find out if the legislator will support the legislation.
WNA will arrange for and notify participants of the appointment time with their legislators.
SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY
Hilton Madison – Monona Terrace in the Founders Room
7:00 – 7:45 AM Registration and breakfast buffet available
7:45 – 10:00 AM
- Greetings from APRN Coalition Representatives and overview of day
- Remarks from legislators/sponsors of APRN Modernization Act
- Briefing and review of:
- APRN Modernization Act Legislative Draft
- Talking points for APRN Modernization Act Legislation
- Best practices for meeting with your legislator and/or staffer
- Time for questions regarding meetings and after-meeting instructions
State Capitol Building – Debriefing in Room 415NW
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM (depending on your scheduled legislator meeting time)
- Room 415NW will be reserved at the state capitol so registrants can store belongings
- Meet with your legislator and/or staffer
- Return to the reserved room to:
- Debrief/summarize the outcome of legislator meetings with APRN Coalition representatives
- Receive materials to write thank you note to legislator prior to leaving
- Receive your CNE contact hour Certificate prior to leaving
2.5 contact hours of Continuing Nursing Education Credit are available to participants who attend the entire morning session, meet with a legislator/staffer, and submit a completed evaluation/report prior to leaving the Capitol.
Questions? Please contact Allison Champion at Allison@wisconsinnurses.org or 608-221-0383 ext. 201.
A room block is available at the Hilton Madison for the evening of January 16, 2019.
Rates: $169/night + tax
The room block cutoff is December 17, 2018.
To make a reservation:
Call 1-877-510-7465 or 1-414-935-5941
Visit the Hilton’s website here
There is limited parking available at the Monona Terrace and the Hilton Madison – Monona Terrace.
Here is a map of other parking garages if the Terrace is full.
There is a fee to park at any of these locations.
Thursday, January 17, 2019 7:30 am – 2:30 pm* *Ending times will vary depending on time of legislator visit* Hilton Madison 9 East Wilson Street Madison, WI 53703 Registration Deadline: Registration is now closed. The purpose of the Wisconsin APRN Coalition Lobby Day is to support and prepare APRNs and/or APRN students for meetings with […]Hilton Madison firstname.lastname@example.org