The purpose of the Wisconsin APRN Coalition Lobby Day is to support and prepare APRNs and/or APRN students for meetings with their Assembly and State legislator. Meetings will take place in legislator offices at the State Capitol. There are three goals for meeting with legislators:
- Educate and inform legislators on the personal role and value as an APRN.
- Describe the intent and the key areas of the APRN Modernization Act and the benefits of supporting increased patient access and safety.
- Find out if the legislator will support the legislation.
The registrant will receive information and participate in the following activities during the day:
- WI APRN Coalition representatives will arrange for and notify participant of the appointment time with their legislator.
- The pre-legislator briefing will include:
- Breakfast or lunch depending on the time selected.
- Greetings from one of the legislator bill sponsors.
- Review of the APRN Modernization Act legislation.
- Review of the legislation talking points and information about APRNs.
- Review best practices for meeting with the legislator and/or staffer.
- Receive packet of materials that is to be given to the legislator.
- A room will be reserved at the state capitol so registrants can store belongings. Return to the reserved room to:
- Debrief/summarize the outcome of legislator meetings with Coalition representatives.
- Receive materials to write thank you note to legislator prior to leaving.
- Complete evaluation form to obtain nursing contact hours
The cost of regular registration is $50 and a reduced rate for students of $25.00. Register today!
Note: If you are registering as a group, please be prepared to list all names, home addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers of your group members.