The purpose of the finance committee is to monitor the fiscal integrity of the Association. Its functions are to:
- Prepare the upcoming fiscal year operating budget and recommend adoption to the WNA Board of Directors.
- Develop criteria for arrangement of finances for representatives to ANA Membership Assembly annual meeting.
- Advise the Board on long-range financial planning for the organization.
- Recommend to the Board appropriate ways and means to assure an adequate financial base for the Association.
- Make recommendations regarding resource investments.
- Regular review and recommend revision as necessary of WNA fiscal policies and processes that might have a fiscal impact.
The Finance Committee will consist of at least four members that are recommended by the Committee on Appointments and approved by the Board of Directors.
Membership to include:
- WNA Treasurer (Chair),
- Past WNA Treasurer for at least one year post term,
- Two WNA members, and
- One WNA member with an interest and commitment to learning.
Terms of Office and Vacancies
- The Finance Committee members are appointed by the WNA Board of Directors for a 2-year term. At least two Committee members shall be appointed each year.
- Absence from 2 consecutive meetings may constitute a vacancy. The Board of Directors shall fill vacancies.