We have received notification of medical providers in Wisconsin receiving fraudulent phone calls claiming to originate with the Wisconsin Nurses Association (WNA). If you receive a call indicating is the Wisconsin Nurses Association requesting personal information, please follow up by emailing us at email@example.com to confirm if this call is coming from us or a nefarious source.
If you have been a victim of this:
- Cease all contact with the scammers immediately.
- Notify your financial institutions and safeguard any financial accounts.
- Contact your local law enforcement and file a police report.
- File a complaint with the FBI IC3 at www.ic3.gov.
- Be sure to keep any financial transaction information, including prepaid cards and banking records, and all telephone, text, or email communications.
This has been an ongoing concern. Please read this FBI notice for additional information.