Largest gathering of APRNs in the Midwest - Education for APRNs planned by APRNs!
This intensive in-person three-day conference reviewed current and identified new evidence-based pharmacologic and clinical approaches to management of common conditions in primary and acute care, with the goals of safe prescribing practice and optimal therapeutic outcomes.
By participating in the sessions offered at the conference most applicable to their professional learning needs, participants will be able to:
- Apply leadership and advocacy skills to improve collaborative partnerships at the local, state, and national level to ensure that APRNs can practice to the fullest extent of their scope of practice.
- ldentify opportunities to promote health and prevent disease for self, clients, and the community.
- lmplement strategies in the management of chronic, acute, and complex health conditions to achieve optimal therapeutic outcomes for clients and their families.
- Apply the current research and evidence-based indicators for safe and effective prescriptive practice.
This 3-day conference offered participants up to 16.5 contact hours, many of which were designated as ‘pharmacology’ content. The number of ‘Pharmacology’ contact hours available for a given session is noted as ‘Rx =’ next to the session title whenever applicable. Estimates for pharmacology credit were based on information submitted by presenters; it is the responsibility of participants to determine whether the content provided meets the specific requirements of their certifying or licensing body.
Requirements for Successful Completion: Participants must complete the online conference evaluation(s) for the overall conference and each session attended by May 8, 2022 to receive the contact hours.
Thursday/Friday Conference Evaluation - closed
Saturday Skills Day Evaluation - closed
There is a $25 charge to have WNA re-open either online evaluation after May 8. This option for late completion will be available only until October 23, 2022. Go to www.wisconsinnurses.org/reopen-eval/ for more information.
Relevant Financial Relationships: There are no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies for those involved with the ability to control the content of this activity with the following exceptions:
- Session 2A: Stephanie J Offord, MSN, RN, FNP-BC, AGN-BC - Speaker for BioMarin
- Session 2B: Elizabeth Pritts, MD - Scientific Advisor/Stockholder for CLARIA Medical Instrumentation
- Session 5B: Lynn Wagner, MD - Scientific Advisor for Terry Naturally Europharma
- Session 7B/8B: Anna Hendricks - Employee of Cooper Surgical
All of the relevant financial relationships listed for these individuals have been mitigated.
Commercial Support: In-kind support for this conference was provided by Cooper Surgical.
Wisconsin Nurses Association is approved with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Thursday, April 21 - Conference sessions 8:15 am-4:30 pm
Breakfast and lunch included; Exhibit Hall open Thursday only
Friday, April 22 - Conference sessions 8:15 am-4:00 pm
Breakfast and lunch included; APRN Research Poster Display available Friday only
Saturday, April 23 - Skills Day sessions 8:15 am-12:30 pm
Breakfast included - lunch on own
WNA Member discount - current WNA/ANA member ID number required
APRN Student (WNA Member) discount - current WNA/ANA member ID number required AND copy of student ID card to upload
Not a member? CLICK HERE for more information on joining today at just $15/month to receive the discounted price!
All handouts/resources submitted by presenters will be posted on a password-protected webpage about 1 week before conference and will be available for 6 months following conference. Your registration confirmation email will contain the password and a link to access the handouts.
Note: If you register for Saturday sessions 7C-8C: Basic Interpretation of the 12 Lead ECG, be sure to access the Course Outline on the Handouts webpage. The presenters ask that you print this document, review it prior to conference, and bring it along to the conference for use during the workshop.
The Wisconsin Nurses Association's NP Forum will host the APRN Research Poster Display at conference on Friday, April 22. Conference attendees are encouraged to view the posters and interact with the poster presenters throughout the day. Attendees can receive .5 contact hours for participating and completing the online evaluation for the Poster Display.
Show your support for your APRN colleagues and their nursing research projects by attending the Poster Display on Friday!
CLICK HERE to learn more about the 18 projects that will be on display.
Lodging Update: The block of rooms reserved at the Red Lion Hotel - Paper Valley (now called Hilton Appleton Paper Valley) has expired. HOWEVER, the conference rate ($139/night) will be honored as long as rooms are available, so if you haven't made a reservation, please call TODAY (920-733-8000) and identify yourself as a conference attendee for the APRN Pharmacology Conference. *If you are having any difficulties in making a reservation at the hotel, please contact Connie directly at 920-733-8000, please ask for Reservations or press 1 or you can email email@example.com
Location/Directions: CLICK HERE
***Hilton Appleton Paper Valley Opens as Newest Full-Service Hilton Hotel in Wisconsin
The iconic 388-room, full-service property, boasting 38,000 square feet of meeting space in the heart of the Fox Cities, debuts as the newest member of the Hilton family
APPLETON, WIS. (March 30, 2022) – Hilton Appleton Paper Valley opened its doors after a multi-million-dollar property refresh. Located in a premier location in the heart of downtown Appleton, the 388-room hotel welcomes leisure and business travelers with well-appointed accommodations, while offering 38,000 square feet of flexible, customizable event space making it the ideal location for downtown meetings and celebrations.***
Check out these restaurants in the Appleton area! We recommend that you make reservations at the restaurant of your choice. CLICK to open a PDF with active links to the restaurant websites...
SPONSORING this program...
- Sponsor our keynote presenter for $2000 (one opportunity available) or become a 'Program Patron' for $1000.
- All Sponsors receive a complimentary exhibitor table on April 21 reserved in a prime location, name/logo recognition in the printed Conference Progam* and on the conference webpage*, and recognition from the podium at the Thursday morning Welcome address.
EXHIBITING at this program…
- Cost to exhibit is $500 (for-profit companies) or $400 (not-for-profit companies).
- Exhibit space includes an 6-foot skirted table, 2 chairs, and wireless internet access. Continental breakfast and a separate exhibitor lunch will be provided. Participant meals and refreshments will be served adjacent to the exhibit area to ensure high visibility.
- Exhibits are scheduled from 7:30 AM-2:15 PM. Set up time is 6:30-7:30 AM on Thursday morning only. Tables are available on a first-come first-served basis, excepting those reserved for our Sponsors.
- Cancellations received on or before April 8, 2022 will be subject to a $50.00 cancellation fee.
COVID-19 Precautions: WNA requires ALL attendees (including exhibitors) to have available upon request documentation of either 1) full COVID-19 vaccination OR 2) a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours of arrival at conference. Due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, masks will be required for all attendees (and exhibitors) and social distancing is strongly recommended while attending this event.
ADVERTISING in the printed conference program distributed to all conference participants and presenters...
Advertising is being accepted for the 2022 APRN Conference Program. For rate, size, and deadline information, please contact Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Largest gathering of APRNs in the Midwest – Education for APRNs planned by APRNs! This intensive in-person three-day conference reviewed current and identified new evidence-based pharmacologic and clinical approaches to management of common conditions in primary and acute care, with the goals of safe prescribing practice and optimal therapeutic outcomes. Conference Outcomes By participating in […]Hilton Appleton Paper Valley email@example.com