WNA’s 2024 Nurses Day at the Capitol will inform participants of the national and state health policy issues that impact nursing practice, education, and health care delivery. Each participant will be prepared to meet with their legislators to discuss these issues. Participants will identify their legislators when they register for the program - then WNA will arrange individual or group meetings with legislators. Student nurses as well as experienced RNs and APRNs are encouraged to attend!
REGISTRATION -Opening Soon!
Participants must attend their scheduled meeting(s) with legislators and turn in a completed 'Report' at the debriefing room at the Capitol to receive a Certificate of Attendance. No certificates will be issued to those attending the morning sessions only. No CE contact hours are offered for this activity.
The following organizations have provided Sponsorship dollars for this program to keep your cost low.
Thank you BRONZE Sponsors:
SPONSORING this program...
- Sponsor at the Bronze ($500), Silver ($1,000) or Gold ($1,500) level
- All Sponsors receive a complimentary exhibitor table on February 27 reserved in a prime location!
- All Sponsors receive name/logo* recognition in the printed Conference Program and on the conference webpage, and recognition from the podium at the Welcome address.
* Note to 'Ineligible Companies' (formerly called 'commercial interest organizations') Although we will be able to identify your company as a Sponsor by name, we are not allowed to display your company logo according to the ACCME Standards for Integrity and Independence adopted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Ineligible Companies providing sponsorship are also required to complete a Commercial Support Agreement - WNA will contact your representative with more information.
FOR MORE INFO AND TO REGISTER AS A SPONSOR - Click Here
Please join our 2024 GOLD SPONSORS:
Please join our 2024 SILVER SPONSORS:
Please join our 2024 BRONZE SPONSORS:
- The cost to exhibit at Nurses Day is $325.00. Deadline to reserve space is February 6, 2024.
- Exhibit space includes an 8-foot skirted table and chair. Exhibitors are invited to partake of the continental breakfast.
- To insure high visibility and participant access to exhibits, the continental breakfast and break will be served adjacent to the exhibit area.
- Electrical service to exhibit tables is NOT included - if needed, see Monona Terrace's Exhibitor Service Order Form or visit the Monona Terrace's EXHIBITOR SERVICES webpage for more information and to place your order online.
- Exhibits are scheduled from 7:30-11:15 AM. Set up time is 6:30-7:30 AM. An email will be sent approximately one week before the conference confirming setup time and location of exhibits.
- Cancellations received on or before February 6, 2024 will be subject to a $50.00 cancellation fee. No refunds will be issued after February 6.
Consider becoming a SPONSOR of this program and receive a complimentary exhibit table reserved in a prime location!
REGISTER TO EXHIBIT - Deadline February 6, 2024
ADVERTISING in the printed conference program distributed to all conference participants and presenters...
- See the attached document for ad size and rate information.
- Deadline to reserve ad space is Tuesday, January 30, 2024. Reserve early to secure the best ad location!
- Cancellations received on or before Tuesday, January 30, 2024. will be subject to a $50.00 cancellation fee.
REGISTER TO ADVERTISE - Deadline January 30, 2024
Regular rate = $___
WNA Member rate = $___ (current ANA/WNA member ID# required)
Student Nurse = $___ (some SONs are doing 'group registrations' as below - check with your instructor)
Continental Breakfast will be provided. Lunch is on your own - or pre-order a 'Grab-n-Go' Box Lunch from Monona Terrace for $15 on the conference registration form.
For group registrations of 10 or more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If arranging bus transportation for your group, please pass along this important bus drop-off and parking notice from Monona Terrace.
Deadline to Register: ______
REGISTRATION - Coming Soon
AGENDA for February 27, 2024 -Coming Soon!
SCHEDULE for the Day
7:15 am Registration, continental breakfast, visit Exhibit Hall at Monona Terrace
8:15 Welcome and Opening Remarks
8:30 Keynote: Can You see Yourself in Politics?
12:00 Morning Program Ends - Lunch on own, or pick up pre-ordered Box Lunches at Monona Terrace
12:30-4:00 Scheduled Meetings with Legislators at the Capitol
Debrief on meetings in Hearing Room at the Capitol - pick up Certificate of Attendance before leaving
Monona Terrace offers 400-space, automated parking structure available 24/7 and is accessible via the eastbound lanes of John Nolen Drive. See map here. Acceptable forms of payment for the automated ramp include Master Card, Visa, Discover, American Express or cash (no coin).
Monona Terrace Parking Rates: https://www.mononaterraceparking.com/
Short-term and all-day public parking is provided throughout downtown Madison in various structures and lots. On-street parking is also available for short-term parking in central Madison.
See real-time city lot parking availability complete with turn-by-turn instruction.
BUS PARKING INSTRUCTIONS: IMPORTANT NOTICE - CLICK HERE
Buses may load and unload passengers ON Wilson Street. Buses are NOT able to use the 'drop off' by the Monona Terrace front doors.
All handouts available will be posted about 1 week prior to conference
Certificates of Attendance will be issued only to those participants who complete their scheduled visit(s) with legislators and turn in a completed paper 'Report' of their meeting(s) at the debriefing station at the Capitol before leaving. Certificates of Attendance will not be awarded for attending the morning educational sessions only.
There are no continuing education contact hours offered for this activity.
Lunch is on your own (unless you ordered a grab n go lunch when you registered).
Here is a listing of a few restaurants located on the square.
Keep close, you don't want to be late to your legislator visit!
WNA will schedule legislator visits for all participants. WNA will post this listing here once all appointments are confirmed.
Please check back for the latest listing of legislator visits the day of the conference, as things will continue to be updated and/or changed.
WNA’s 2024 Nurses Day at the Capitol will inform participants of the national and state health policy issues that impact nursing practice, education, and health care delivery. Each participant will be prepared to meet with their legislators to discuss these issues. Participants will identify their legislators when they register for the program – then WNA […]Monona Terrace email@example.com