Saturday, March 23, 2019
Wilderness Resort – Glacier Canyon Conference Center (map)
45 Hillman Road, Wisconsin Dells
Small Changes. Big Results.
105,000 Healthy Wisconsin Nurses Send a Powerful Message to our Patients And Our Communities… Join us for a one-day, hands-on, and interactive program focused on improving and protecting your health. Comfortable clothing and shoes are encouraged to allow for relaxation and active participation!
- Identify healthy behaviors to make sustainable positive lifestyle changes (healthy eating, exercise, rest and stress reduction) to decrease chronic diseases like hypertension.
- Utilize developed tools and methods that participants can translate into their self-care and settings that include but are not limited to home, community, or workplace.
- Empower participants to take advantage of opportunities for health promotion and disease prevention by translating their knowledge to their patients that small changes can lead to big results.
Dr. Diane Lauver is a Registered Nurse, Researcher, and Professor of Nursing at the University of Wisconsin (UW) School of Nursing. She also serves as a consultant in multiple health behavior change interventions through the UW Health Innovation Program. We greatly value her input in planning this program for nurses, and look forward to learning how ‘Mindfulness, Compassion, and Behaviors’ can have a positive impact on our mental and physical health.
Regular Registration Fee – $125
Reduced Registration for WNA Member – $95 (enter your WNA Member # when registering to receive discounted rate!)
Reduced Registration for Nursing Student – $45
Register Registration still available!
Register and pay online with a credit card or request an invoice for payment. Payment must be received PRIOR TO the start of conference.
Registration deadline: EXTENDED through Monday, March 18!
PROGRAM SCHEDULE 8:00 AM – 4:15 PM
- ‘Stress Survivor: My Small Changes, My Big Results’
- ‘Leading by Example, One Pound at a Time’ – Introduction
- Mindfulness, Compassion, and Behaviors HANDOUT mySTEPS
- Utilizing your Health Insurance Plan to Support Health Behaviors HANDOUT
- Health Focus Sessions (choose one to attend for entire hour)
A – Essential Oils: A Strategy to Reduce Stress HANDOUT
B – ‘Leading by Example, One Pound at a Time’ – Engaging the Community
C – ‘Clean Eating 101’ HANDOUT
- Hyperlipidemia: Are You at Risk? – Part 1 HANDOUT
- Buoyancy in a Stress-Filled World
- Get Moving! (rotate through all 3 Activities – and rest in between)
A – QiGong: Increasing Energy through Meditation, Breathing & Movement HANDOUT
B – Zumba: Dance Your Way to Fitness
C – Work Out Anywhere: No Weights Required
- Hyperlipidemia: Are You at Risk? – Part 2
- Making it Happen!
CONTINUING NURSING EDUCATION CREDIT
7.0 contact hours of CNE credit will be awarded to participants who attend the entire program and exchange a completed program Survey/evaluation for a Certificate of Completion before leaving for the day. No option for obtaining CNE credit with be available after the program.
HANDOUTS AND RESOURCES
Any handouts or resource pages submitted by the presenters will be posted above next to the session title in blue. Participants may download/print the available handouts as desired. No hardcopies will be provided at conference.
Learn more about WNA’s Healthy Nurses for Wisconsin Mutual Interest Group!
QUESTIONS? Please contact the WNA office at 800-362-3959
Wisconsin Nurses Association is approved with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Saturday, March 23, 2019 Wilderness Resort – Glacier Canyon Conference Center (map) 45 Hillman Road, Wisconsin Dells Small Changes. Big Results. 105,000 Healthy Wisconsin Nurses Send a Powerful Message to our Patients And Our Communities… Join us for a one-day, hands-on, and interactive program focused on improving and protecting your health. Comfortable clothing and shoes are encouraged […]Wilderness Resort - Glacier Canyon Conference Center firstname.lastname@example.org