Wisconsin APRN Coalition
The WI APRN Coalition was formed to provide an efficient and effective method and process for assuring the passage of The APRN Modernization Act between now and 2019 – 2020 Legislative Biennium.
The APRN Coalition wants to demonstrate to legislators:
- That there are 4,360 APRNs practicing in Wisconsin who desire a clearer and more defined practice in Chapter 441 of the nursing statutes that support patient access, and safety.
The WI APRN Coalition will provide to members:
- Update information and “Call to Action” campaigns
- A toolkit on grassroots advocacy for the APRN Modernization Act
- Informational materials that can be shared with legislators
- Sample letters for communicating with legislators
- Separate license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN).
- Standardized nomenclature of titles that conform with other states.
- Legal protection of the titles and initials:
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse & A.P.R.N.
- Certified Nurse Midwife & C.N.M.
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist & C.R.N.A.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist & C.N.S.
- Nurse Practitioner & N.P.
- Repeal statute 441.15 – Licensure of certified nurse midwives
- Repeal statute 441.16 – Prescriptive authority for advanced practice nurses
- Standards for school accreditation, national board certification, and educational degree
- Amend 50-plus statutes to change the name advanced practice nurse prescriber (APNP) to advanced practice registered nurses (APRN).
- Amend other statutes that will remove barriers for APRNs to practice.
- Greater visibility of APRN practice and impact on patient access, quality, and effective care
Webinar summarizing WI APRN Coalition activities (password protected)
Benefits of Your $50.00 Membership
- Lobbyist visibility at the State Capitol
- Access to secure password protected website
- Report of latest activities
- Grassroots Lobbying Toolkits, including sample letters and strategies for communicating with your legislators
- Talking points
- Name posted as a coalition member
- See progress of coalition membership by legislative district (will be used to show legislators number of APRNs in their legislative district)
- Discount on the September 2018 Grass-roots Advocacy Strategy and Skills Workshop
- Discount on the January/February 2019 Wisconsin APRN Coalition Lobby Day
Joining the Coalition
Joining the Coalition as a Group Organization
You can also support the passage of the APRN Modernization act by joining as a supporting organization. Learn more and fill out your application today!