The WI APRN Coalition was formed to provide an efficient and effective method and process for assuring the passage of The APRN Modernization Act between now and 2019 – 2020 Legislative Biennium.
The APRN Coalition wants to demonstrate to legislators:
- That there are 4,360 APRNs practicing in Wisconsin who desire a clearer and more defined practice in Chapter 441 of the nursing statutes that support patient access, and safety.
The WI APRN Coalition will provide to members:
- Update information and “Call to Action” campaigns
- A toolkit on grassroots advocacy for the APRN Modernization Act
- Informational materials that can be shared with legislators
- Sample letters for communicating with legislators
- Separate license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN).
- Standardized nomenclature of titles that conform with other states.
- Legal protection of the titles and initials:
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse & A.P.R.N.
- Certified Nurse Midwife & C.N.M.
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist & C.R.N.A.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist & C.N.S.
- Nurse Practitioner & N.P.
- Repeal statute 441.15 – Licensure of certified nurse midwives
- Repeal statute 441.16 – Prescriptive authority for advanced practice nurses
- Standards for school accreditation, national board certification, and educational degree
- Amend 50-plus statutes to change the name advanced practice nurse prescriber (APNP) to advanced practice registered nurses (APRN).
- Amend other statutes that will remove barriers for APRNs to practice.
- Greater visibility of APRN practice and impact on patient access, quality, and effective care
Webinar summarizing WI APRN Coalition activities (password protected)
Benefits of Your $50.00 Membership
- Lobbyist visibility at the State Capitol
- Access to secure password protected website
- Report of latest activities
- Grassroots Lobbying Toolkits, including sample letters and strategies for communicating with your legislators
- Talking points
- Name posted as a coalition member
- See progress of coalition membership by legislative district (will be used to show legislators number of APRNs in their legislative district)
- Discount on the September 2018 Grass-roots Advocacy Strategy and Skills Workshop
- Discount on the January/February 2019 Wisconsin APRN Coalition Lobby Day
Joining the Coalition
Joining the Coalition as a Group Organization
You can also support the passage of the APRN Modernization act by joining as a supporting organization. Learn more and fill out your application today!