Patient-Centered Team-Based Care Model
Hallmarks of Practice: Influencing Factor #2
Hallmarks of practice are a set of suggested care and services that are evident in patient-centered team-based care environments. These hallmarks, often grounded in the literature, were originally formulated in 2015 by WNA’s Multidisciplinary Advisory Council.
Hallmarks of practice are distinguished by:
- High functioning team.
- Partners and engages patients (family & support systems)
- Provides safe, competent & evidenced-based care
- Connections to the community
- Population health orientation
- Patient registries (IT) that facilitate care
- Focused on the levels of prevention (primary, secondary, tertiary)