Largest gathering of APRNs in the Midwest - Education for APRNs planned by APRNs!
This intensive in-person three-day conference will review current and identify new evidence-based pharmacologic and clinical approaches to management of common conditions in primary and acute care, with the goals of safe prescribing practice and optimal therapeutic outcomes.
Conference Outcomes: By participating in the sessions offered at the conference most applicable to their professional learning needs, participants will be able to:
- Apply leadership and advocacy skills to improve collaborative partnerships at the local, state, and national level to ensure that APRNs can practice to the fullest extent of their scope of practice.
- ldentify opportunities to promote health and prevent disease for self, clients, and the community.
- lmplement strategies in the management of chronic, acute, and complex health conditions to achieve optimal therapeutic outcomes for clients and their families.
- Apply the current research and evidence-based indicators for safe and effective prescriptive practice.
ONLINE REGISTRATION is open!
2023 APRN Pharmacology Conference Fees & Session Descriptions - updated 3/22
Thursday, April 20 - Conference sessions 8:45 am-4:45 pm
Breakfast and lunch included; APRN Research Poster Display available Thursday only
4:45-5:45 Networking Reception and APRN Poster Display hosted by the WNA NP Forum
Friday, April 21 - Conference sessions 8:30 am-5:00 pm
Breakfast and lunch included; Exhibit Hall open Friday only
Product Theatre Presentations offered at 7:45-8:15 am and 11:45 am-12:30 pm
Saturday, April 22 - Skills Day sessions 8:15 am-12:30 pm
Breakfast included - lunch on own
NOTE when registering that there are limits to the number of participants for some sessions
ONLINE REGISTRATION is open!
Deadline to register: Wednesday, April 12
WNA Member discount - current WNA/ANA member ID number required
APRN Student (WNA Member) discount - current WNA/ANA member ID number required AND copy of student ID card to upload
Not a member? CLICK HERE for more information on joining today at just $15/month to receive the discounted registration price!
Pay by credit card at PayPal (no PayPal account is needed to make payment) or request an invoice to submit registration. Payment must be received before conference begins.
COVID Precautions: WNA requires ALL attendees to be up to date on COVID vaccinations and to monitor for symptoms of COVID infection before attending conference. Due to the on-going COVID pandemic, we strongly recommend masks be worn when indoors at the conference, and if transmission levels are high in Dane County at the time of the conference, we may require them to be worn indoors for all attendees.
APRN Research Poster Display
The Wisconsin Nurses Association's NP Forum is excited to showcase some outstanding research and clinical projects by APRNs and APRN students at the Poster Display at conference on Thursday, April 20th. Earn 1.0 contact hour of CE credit when you visit the posters and complete the online evaluation for this activity. Please be sure to stop by to learn more and congratulate your colleagues on a job well done!
List of Research Posters at 2023 Conference
New this year - the conference reception will be held in the poster display area overlooking lake Monona from 4:45-5:45 pm to provide additional time for attendees to interact with the poster presenters. Be sure to join us at the Monona Terrace for refreshments and conversation at the end of the conference day!
This 3-day conference offers participants up to 17.0 contact hours, many of which are designated as ‘pharmacology’ content. The number of ‘Pharmacology’ contact hours available for a given session will be noted as ‘Rx =’ next to the session title whenever applicable. Estimates for pharmacology credit are based on information submitted by presenters; it is the responsibility of participants to determine whether the content provided meets the specific requirements of their certifying or licensing body.
Requirements for Successful Completion: Participants must complete the online conference evaluation(s) for the overall conference and each session attended by Sunday, May 7, 2023 to receive the contact hours. You will need your Order ID# from the confirmation email sent when you registered to begin the online evaluations.
Thursday/Friday Conference Evaluation - opens during conference
Saturday Skills Day Evaluation - opens during conference
There will be a $25 charge to have WNA re-open either online evaluation after May 7. This option for late completion will be available only until October 22, 2023. Go to www.wisconsinnurses.org/reopen-eval/ for more information.
Relevant Financial Relationships: There are no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies for those involved with the ability to control the content of this activity with the following exceptions:
- Session 7B/8B: Anna Hendricks, BS - Employee of Cooper Surgical (participating as technical trainer)
- Session 3B: Benjamin Beran, MD - Recipient of educational grant from Pfizer
- Session 5B: Joseph Cherabie, MD, MSc - Panel Speaker for Roche Diagnostics (ended in 2022)
All of the relevant financial relationships listed for these individuals have been mitigated.
Commercial Support: In-kind support in the form of donated materials for practice provided by:
- Cooper Surgical
Wisconsin Nurses Association is approved with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Hilton Madison Monona Terrace - A block of standard rooms are available for Wednesday, April 19, 2023 - Friday, April 21, 2023 at the rate of $169.00/night. You will be required to provide a credit card upon making the reservation, but you will not be charged until you check out.
Deadline to reserve at this rate: Sunday, March 26, 2023. To receive the discounted room rate, call the Hilton Reservations line at 800-445-8667 or call the hotel directly at 608-255-5100, and identify yourself using the group code: WINA. You may also book online here: Hilton WNA Reservation
Location/Directions: CLICK HERE
Best Western Premier Park Hotel - A block of standard rooms are available for Wednesday, April 19, 2023 - Friday, April 21, 2023 at the rate of $169.00/night. You will be required to provide a credit card upon making the reservation, but you will not be charged until you check out.
Deadline to reserve at this rate: Sunday, March 26, 2023. To receive the discounted room rate, call the Best Western Reservations line at 608-285-8000, and identify yourself as a conference attendee for the Wisconsin Nurses Association. You may also book online here: Park Hotel WNA Reservation
Location/Directions: CLICK HERE
DoubleTree by Hilton East Madison - A block of standard rooms are available for Wednesday, April 19, 2023 and Thursday, April 20, 2023 at the rate of $139.00/night. You will be required to provide a credit card upon making the reservation, but you will not be charged until you check out.
Deadline to reserve at this rate: Sunday, March 26, 2023. To receive the discounted room rate, call the DoubleTree Reservations line at 800-445-8667, and identify yourself as a conference attendee for the Wisconsin Nurses Association or group code WIN. You may also book online here: WI Nurses Association Reservation Link
Location/Directions: CLICK HERE
All handouts/resources submitted by presenters will be posted on a password-protected webpage about 1 week before conference and will be available for 6 months following conference. Your registration confirmation email will contain the password and a link to access the handouts.
This Annual Conference attracts over 300 Advanced Practice Registered Nurses from across Wisconsin, making it an excellent venue for nurses to become aware of your programs, services, products, and employment opportunities. Register to exhibit, become a sponsor, and/or advertise in our Conference Program and contribute to the success of this annual event!
SPONSORING this program...
- Sponsor our keynote presenter for $2000 (one opportunity available) or become a 'Program Patron' for $1000.
- All Sponsors receive a complimentary exhibitor table on April 21 reserved in a prime location, name/logo recognition in the printed Conference Program* and on the conference webpage*, and recognition from the podium at the Thursday morning Welcome address.
* NOTE: we are unable to display logos from 'ineligible companies' - learn more here
EXHIBITING at this program…
- Cost to exhibit is $500 (for-profit companies) or $400 (not-for-profit companies).
- Exhibit space includes an 6-foot skirted table, 2 chairs, and wireless internet access. Continental breakfast and a separate exhibitor lunch will be provided. Participant meals and refreshments will be served adjacent to the exhibit area to ensure high visibility.
- Exhibits are scheduled from 7:30 AM-12:45 PM. Set up time is 6:30-7:30 AM on Friday morning only. Tables are available on a first-come first-served basis, except those reserved for our Sponsors.
- Cancellations received on or before April 13, 2023 will be subject to a $50.00 cancellation fee.
- Deadline to register as an exhibitor: April 14, 2023
- Deadline to register as an exhibitor and be included in the Conference Program: April 3, 2023
PRODUCT THEATRE...new this year!
- Cost to reserve product theatre session is $900.
- Two 45-minute product theatre opportunities are available at both 7:30-8:15 AM or 11:45 AM-12:30 PM (total of 4) on Friday, April 21.
- Organizations offering a product theatre session receive a discount of $150 on exhibiting (cost to exhibit is $350 vs. $500).
- Product theatre organizations are requested to submit a description of the session for advertising. Include on the form when you register or submit later by Friday, April 8.
- Note that organizations are limited to one product theatre opportunity.
ADVERTISING in the printed conference program distributed to all conference participants and presenters...
- See the attached document for ad size and rate information.
- Deadline to reserve ad space is Monday, April 3, 2023. Reserve early to secure the best ad location!
- Cancellations received on or before April 3, 2023 will be subject to a $50.00 cancellation fee. No refunds will be issued after April 3.
- Deadline to advertise in the Conference Program: April 3, 2023
REGISTER to Sponsor/Exhibit/Theatre/Advertise - Click here
WNA requires ALL attendees (including exhibitors) to be up to date on COVID-19 vaccination and to monitor for symptoms of COVID infection before attending conference. Due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, we strongly recommend masks be worn when indoors at the conference, and if transmission levels are high in Dane County at the time of the conference, we may require them to be worn indoors for all attendees.
Largest gathering of APRNs in the Midwest – Education for APRNs planned by APRNs! This intensive in-person three-day conference will review current and identify new evidence-based pharmacologic and clinical approaches to management of common conditions in primary and acute care, with the goals of safe prescribing practice and optimal therapeutic outcomes. Conference Outcomes: By participating […]Monona Terrace email@example.com