This month, the Mentorship Committee selected 5 recipients of the WNA Future Nursing Leader Award. The award recognizes outstanding students who embody the ethics and values of nursing and exemplary leadership qualities. It is given out twice a year to graduating prelicensure students from the Spring and Fall semesters at the pinning ceremonies. Winners receive a complimentary year of membership in the Wisconsin Nurses Association, along with an appointment to a WNA council or committee of his or her choosing. He or she will also receive a certificate and lapel pin presented at their pinning ceremony.
The winners this Fall are:
- Connor Stone – University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
- Grant Skelnar – University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire
- Allyson McCann – Milwaukee Area Technical College
- Jenni Jacobs – Alverno College
- Heather Kempf – Blackhawk Technical College
The Wisconsin Nurses Association congratulates them on their achievements, and is excited to welcome such promising leaders to our organization!