Largest gathering of APRNs in the Midwest - Education for APRNs planned by APRNs!
This intensive in-person three-day conference will review current and identify new evidence-based pharmacologic and clinical approaches to management of common conditions in primary and acute care, with the goals of safe prescribing practice and optimal therapeutic outcomes.
Conference Outcomes: By participating in the sessions offered at the conference most applicable to their professional learning needs, participants will be able to:
- Apply leadership and advocacy skills to improve collaborative partnerships at the local, state, and national level to ensure that APRNs can practice to the fullest extent of their scope of practice.
- ldentify opportunities to promote health and prevent disease for self, clients, and the community.
- lmplement strategies in the management of chronic, acute, and complex health conditions to achieve optimal therapeutic outcomes for clients and their families.
- Apply the current research and evidence-based indicators for safe and effective prescriptive practice.
This Annual Conference attracts over 300 Advanced Practice Registered Nurses from across Wisconsin, making it an excellent venue for nurses to become aware of your programs, services, products, and employment opportunities. Register to exhibit, become a sponsor, and/or advertise in our Conference Program and contribute to the success of this annual event!
SPONSORING this program...
- Sponsor our keynote presenter for $2000 (one opportunity available) or become a 'Program Patron' for $1000.
- All Sponsors receive a complimentary exhibitor table on April 19 reserved in a prime location, name/logo recognition in the printed Conference Program* and on the conference webpage*, and recognition from the podium at the Thursday morning Welcome address.
* NOTE: we are unable to display logos from 'ineligible companies' - learn more here
EXHIBITING at this program…
- Cost to exhibit is $500 (for-profit companies) or $400 (not-for-profit companies).
- Exhibit space includes an 6-foot skirted table, 2 chairs, and wireless internet access. Continental breakfast and a separate exhibitor lunch will be provided. Participant meals and refreshments will be served adjacent to the exhibit area to ensure high visibility.
- Exhibits are scheduled from 7:30 AM-12:45 PM. Set up time is 6:30-7:30 AM on Friday morning only. Tables are available on a first-come first-served basis, except those reserved for our Sponsors.
- Cancellations received on or before April 5, 2024 will be subject to a $50.00 cancellation fee.
- Deadline to register as an exhibitor: April 5, 2024
- Deadline to register as an exhibitor and be included in the Conference Program: April 1, 2024
PRODUCT THEATRE...new this year!
- Cost to reserve product theatre session is $900.
- Two 30-minute product theatre opportunities are available at both 7:45-8:15 AM or 12:00 AM-12:30 PM (total of 4) on Friday, April 19.
- Set up time is 30 minutes prior to the start of your product theater time.
- Organizations offering a product theatre session receive a discount of $150 on exhibiting (cost to exhibit is $350 vs. $500).
- Product theatre organizations are requested to submit a description of the session for advertising. Include on the form when you register or submit later (by April 3).
- Note that organizations are limited to one product theatre opportunity.
- Cancellations received on or before April 14, 2024 will be subject to a $50.00 cancellation fee. No refunds will be issued after April 14.
ADVERTISING in the printed conference program distributed to all conference participants and presenters...
- See the attached document for ad size and rate information.
- Deadline to reserve ad space is Monday, April 3, 2024. Reserve early to secure the best ad location!
- Cancellations received on or before April 3, 2024 will be subject to a $50.00 cancellation fee. No refunds will be issued after April 3.
- Deadline to advertise in the Conference Program: April 3, 2024
APRN Research Poster Display
The Wisconsin Nurses Association's NP Forum invites their APRN and APRN student colleagues to apply to display a poster outlining a research or clinical project at the conference on Thursday, April 18th. Up to 20 posters will be accepted. Primary Poster Presenters will receive a discount on conference registration. To learn more please see the POSTER APPLICATION FORM.
Deadline to apply to display a poster is February 11, 2024
The conference reception will be held in the poster display area overlooking lake Monona from 4:45-5:45 pm to provide additional time for attendees to interact with the poster presenters. Be sure to join us at the Monona Terrace for refreshments and conversation at the end of the conference day!
2023 APRN Pharmacology Conference Fees & Session Descriptions
Thursday, April 18 - Conference sessions 8:45 am-4:45 pm
Breakfast and lunch included; APRN Research Poster Display available Thursday only
4:45-5:45 Networking Reception and APRN Poster Display hosted by the WNA NP Forum
Friday, April 19 - Conference sessions 8:30 am-5:00 pm
Breakfast and lunch included; Exhibit Hall open Friday only
Raffle prize winners announced at Breakfast
Product Theatre Presentations offered at 7:30-8:15 am and 11:45 am-12:30 pm
Saturday, April 20 - Skills Day sessions 8:00 am-12:15 pm
Breakfast included - lunch on your own
NOTE when registering that there are limits to the number of participants for some Skills sessions
This 3-day conference offers participants up to 17.25 contact hours, many of which are designated as ‘pharmacology’ content. The number of ‘Pharmacology’ contact hours available for a given session will be noted as ‘Rx =’ next to the session title whenever applicable. Estimates for pharmacology credit are based on information submitted by presenters; it is the responsibility of participants to determine whether the content provided meets the specific requirements of their certifying or licensing body.
2024 APRN Conference Session Descriptions - coming soon, will be updated as scheduling progresses
Requirements for Successful Completion: Participants must complete the online conference evaluation(s) for the overall conference and each session attended by May 5, 2024 to receive the contact hours. You will need your Order ID# from the confirmation email sent when you registered (or on the back of your conference nametag) to begin the online evaluations.
Thursday/Friday Conference Evaluation - available when conference opens
Saturday Skills Day Evaluation
There will be a $25 charge to have WNA re-open either online evaluation after May 5, 2024. This option for late completion will be available for 6 months following the conference. Go to www.wisconsinnurses.org/reopen-eval/ for more information.
Relevant Financial Relationships: There are no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies for those involved with the ability to control the content of this activity with the following exceptions:
- will be updated as presenters are confirmed
All of the relevant financial relationships listed for these individuals will be mitigated.
Commercial Support: In-kind support in the form of donated materials for practice provided by:
Wisconsin Nurses Association is approved with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
ONLINE REGISTRATION - Coming in January
Deadline to register _________
WNA Member discount - current WNA/ANA member ID number required
APRN Student (WNA Member) discount - current WNA/ANA member ID number required AND copy of student ID card to upload
Not a member? CLICK HERE for more information on joining today at just $15/month to receive the discounted registration price!
Pay by credit card at PayPal (no PayPal account is needed to make payment) or request an invoice to submit registration. Payment must be received before conference begins.
Hilton Madison Monona Terrace - A block of standard rooms are available for Wednesday, April 17, 2024 - Friday, April 19, 2024 at the rate of $169.00/night (single, double, triple or quad) plus tax. You will be required to provide a credit card upon making the reservation, but you will not be charged until you check out.
Deadline to reserve at this rate: Monday, March 18, 2024. To receive the discounted room rate, call the Hilton Reservations line at 800-445-8667 or call the hotel directly at 608-255-5100, and identify yourself using the group code: WINA24. You may also book online here: Hilton WNA Reservation
Location/Directions: CLICK HERE
Monona Terrace offers 400-space, automated parking structure available 24/7 and is accessible via the eastbound lanes of John Nolen Drive ONLY. See map here. (the Wilson/Carroll street entrance and Level 4 drop off lane will both be closed)
Acceptable forms of payment for the automated ramp include Master Card, Visa, Discover, American Express or cash (no coin). Monona Terrace Parking Rates: https://www.mononaterraceparking.com/
Short-term and all-day public parking is provided throughout downtown Madison in various structures and lots. On-street parking is also available for short-term parking in central Madison.
See real-time city lot parking availability complete with turn-by-turn instruction.
Product Theatre Presentations
Participants are invited to join one of these presentations offered by commercial interests during breakfast and lunch on Friday, April 19. No CE credit is offered, no registration required. Seating available on a first-come first-served basis.
All handouts/resources submitted by presenters will be posted on a password-protected webpage about 1 week before conference and will be available for 6 months following conference. Your registration confirmation email contains the password and a link to access the handouts.
Largest gathering of APRNs in the Midwest – Education for APRNs planned by APRNs! This intensive in-person three-day conference will review current and identify new evidence-based pharmacologic and clinical approaches to management of common conditions in primary and acute care, with the goals of safe prescribing practice and optimal therapeutic outcomes. Conference Outcomes: By participating […]Monona Terrace firstname.lastname@example.org