The purposes/goals of the NP Forum MIG are to:
- Protect and advance the role and practice of Advanced Practice Registered Nurses through active membership involvement in WNA’s structure and functions.
- Influence the quality and quantity of continuing education for the annual Nurse Practitioner Conference.
- Provide a forum for Advanced Practice Registered Nurses to organize and act around professional, educational, economic and legislative issues, within the guidelines of the WNA.
- Serve as resource to the WNA Board of Directors, structural units and/or other MIGs.
Membership is open to all Wisconsin Nurses Association members who are Advanced Practice Registered Nurses. This includes Nurse Practitioners (NPs), Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS), Certified Nurse Midwives (CNM), Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA) who is certified by recognized certification bodies or eligible for such certification, or members who are studying for an APRN eligible role.
Wednesday, December 5 2018 – Webinar
APRN Coalition Advocacy Day
Legislation and Regulation:
WNA is working on a variety of policy related to APRNs including:
- APRN Modernization Act.
- Emergency Rule on APNP Collaboration with Dentists
- Legislation impacting APNPs during the 2017-2018 Biennium
- Wisconsin Nurse Practice Act
- Wisconsin Administrative Code for Nurses
- APRN Roundtable
- APRN Coalition