Friday, SEPTEMBER 11th, 2020
The Wisconsin Center for Nursing (WCN) is proud to celebrate the year of the nurse and midwife. Our conference theme, A Past to Celebrate, A Future to Shape, highlights the historical and unique role the nursing profession plays in achieving equitable care for all.
In the interest of the health and safety of all, we made the very difficult decision to cancel the in-person Annual WCN Conference and offer all sessions as live, online presentations over the Zoom platform. We worked with our presenters to ensure a format that delivered all of the original content while promoting opportunities for optimal remote participation – so thank you to all who joined!
Our goal was that all participants would:
- Be Informed: by captivating presentations
- Be Inspired: by strategies that address practice challenges
- Be Engaged: by networking with colleagues statewide
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT – ONLINE EVALUATION
The 2020 Conference offered participants 6.5 contact hours for participation. Participants were required to complete the online evaluation by September 25, 2020 in order to earn the contact hours and print a Certificate of Completion.
There is a $25 charge for WNA to reopen the evaluation after September 25. This option will only be available for 6 months after the conference – until March 11, 2021.
CLICK HERE to complete the online Request to Reopen an Evaluation form.
- You will designate a day to reopen the evaluation that is at least 3 days after submitting the form
- Payment by credit card is required to submit the form
- Completing the evaluation will generate an emailed Certificate of Completion documenting contact hours earned.
CONFERENCE SCHEDULE and PRESENTERS
All submitted HANDOUTS are linked at the end of the session title in blue.
- Keynote Address: The Evolution of Nursing Education and Leadership HANDOUT
- COVID-19 and Racism: Perspectives on Nursing Practice HANDOUT
- Survey Results of the Health Equity Assessment Tool and Recommendations for Future Practice HANDOUT
- What Would Nightingale Say? Shaping the Future of Nursing HANDOUT
- A Brief Overview of the Faculty Survey PowerPoint HANDOUT Graphics HANDOUT
- Emerging Roles in Care Coordination in Primary Care HANDOUT
- Panel Presentation: Approaches for Retaining a Diverse Workforce Marquette HANDOUT UW Madison HANDOUT Viterbo HANDOUT
- Nurses on Boards Coalition HANDOUT
- This conference is jointly provided by Wisconsin Nurses Association and Wisconsin Center for Nursing.
- There are no conflicts of interest on the part of any planner or presenter of this educational activity
QUESTIONS? please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Wisconsin Nurses Association is approved with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
10th Annual Wisconsin Center for Nursing Conference – VIRTUAL edition! Friday, SEPTEMBER 11th, 2020 The Wisconsin Center for Nursing (WCN) is proud to celebrate the year of the nurse and midwife. Our conference theme, A Past to Celebrate, A Future to Shape, highlights the historical and unique role the nursing profession plays in achieving equitable care […]email@example.com