Friday, SEPTEMBER 11th, 2020
The Wisconsin Center for Nursing (WCN) is proud to celebrate the year of the nurse and midwife. Our conference theme, A Past to Celebrate, A Future to Shape, highlights the historical and unique role the nursing profession plays in achieving equitable care for all.
In the interest of the health and safety of all, we made the very difficult decision to cancel the in-person Annual WCN Conference and offer all sessions as live, online presentations over the Zoom platform. We are working with our presenters to ensure a format that delivers all of the original content while promoting opportunities for optimal remote participation – so please join us!
- Be Informed: by captivating presentations
- Be Inspired: by strategies that address practice challenges
- Be Engaged: by networking with colleagues statewide
ONLINE REGISTRATION – is OPEN Payment by credit card due at time of registration.
Regular Rate for Professionals – $100 This low ‘Early Bird’ rate is now available through September 8th!
Student Nurse – $50
CONFERENCE SCHEDULE and PRESENTERS – download/print to share
September 11, 8:15 am –3:30 pm
- Keynote Address: The Evolution of Nursing Education and Leadership
- COVID-19 and Racism: Perspectives on Nursing Practice
- Survey Results of the Health Equity Assessment Tool and Recommendations for Future Practice
- What Would Nightingale Say? Shaping the Future of Nursing
- A Brief Overview of the Faculty Survey
- Emerging Roles in Care Coordination in Primary Care
- Panel Presentation: Approaches for Retaining a Diverse Workforce
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT – 6.50 contact hours are available for this conference. Disclosures:
- Participants must complete the online evaluation by September 25, 2020 to generate their Certificate of Completion documenting contact hours earned
- This conference is jointly provided by Wisconsin Nurses Association and Wisconsin Center for Nursing.
- There are no conflicts of interest on the part of any planner or presenter of this educational activity
ONLINE EVALUATION – will be available at the start of conference. Deadline to complete: September 25, 2020
Wisconsin Nurses Association is approved with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.